Workshops attended by Teachers
* The Pre-Primary Workshop organised by Oxford University Press. On 21st September, 2019 Ms. Supriya Roy and Ms. Kimberly Bell attended this workshop conducted by Nishi Sehrawat Phohgaat, M.Phil. The workshop focussed on holistic development of children through diverse set of activities that develop essential skills such as motor skills and individual expressions.
* English Language for ICSE Middle & Senior School Teachers workshop held on 6th and 7th September, 2019. Ms. Bidisha Chandra attended the workshop which was conducted by Ms. Hilda Peacock, ex Principal, La Martiniere for Girls.The sessions focussed on each and every component of the Language paper, along with the methodology for teaching, testing as well as correction patterns.
* Re-Imagining School Education - Interface with Stakeholders workshop conducted by Ms. Ananya Chakraborti, Chairperson, WBCPCR and Prof. Ruchira Goswami (NUJS) on 4th September, 2019. Ms. Amie Bhattacharya and Ms. Sujana Mukherjee participated in this workshop which extensively covered the issue of child safety from sexual abuses in the context of school environment and addressed challenges of communication among teachers, parents and students, and guidelines to establish effective school-home communication and building mutually trustworthy relationship. The seminar was attended by school children, teachers and educators, social activists and NGOs.
* ASISC Debate Workshop on 27th August, 2019. This workshop was conducted by Ms. Kiran Misra, writer, trainer in soft skills, lecturer of Mass Communication and Senior Radio Announcer with All India Radio and aimed at sharing knowledge with trainers regarding core debating and presentation skills. Ms. Mita Dey and Ms. Bidisha Chadra took part in the same.
* Train to Transform Workshop on Storytelling Activities was held on 17th August, 2019. Ms. Mala Palani, author, with teaching experience in CISCE, CBSE & IBDP conducted the workshop. The workshop highlighted the use of the art of storytelling in day to day teaching and how it could be implemented for any subject. Ms. Roseline Ahmed attended this workshop.
* The Idea of the Constitution Workshop organised by Seagull PeaceWorks from 26th to 28th July, 2019. A. G. Noorani, Babloo Loitongbam, Gautam Bhatia, Krishna Kumar, Nandini Sundar, Pratap Bhanu Mehta, Rajiv Bhargava, Romila Thapar, Sambhaji Bhagat, Satish Jayarajan, Shah Faesal, Shehla Rashid, Siddharth Varadharajan, Siva Kumar, Valerian Rodrigues, Vrinda Grover, and Udayon Misra were among the eminent speakers. Ms. Sheta Saha, Ms. Sunita Biswas, Ms. Chitralekha De Bakshi, Ms. Sanchita Dasgupta, Ms. Aparajita Roy and Ms. Sumana Sen attended the workshop.
* History at the ICSE Level conducted by Dr. Suresh Pande, Head Examiner and History Question Paper Supervisor, CISCE on 25th and 26th July, 2019. This workshop which focussed on the introduction to different and innovative teaching/learning methods was attended by Ms. Sumana Sen.
* English Literature at the ICSE Level conducted by Ms. S. Joshua, Vice Principal, La Martiniere for Girls on 15th and 16th July, 2019. This was attended by Ms. Sudakshina Majumdar and it focused on the many facets of Teaching, Testing and Evaluation at the Secondary level.
* Educating the Educator Workshop by Krishnamurti Foundation on 5th and 6th July, 2019. Ms. A. C. Confectioner and Ms. C. De Bakshi attended the same.
* Science in a Box by Dr. Carol Hanley and Brian Radcliffe from the University of Kentucky organised by American Center on 28th June, 2019. Ms. Pamela Datta and Ms. Samra Masud attended this workshop which was about teaching of Science in an interactive and fun way to students of classes 4 to 6 using various simple and readily available objects to explain different scientific concepts.